The Transylvania Times -

By Marcy Thompson
Picturing The Past 

Davidson River Was Commercial Center

 

Cagle's linsey-woolsey mill on the Davidson River.

On Aug. 1, 1783 both James Davidson and Benjamin Davidson applied to the State of North Carolina for land along the French Broad River. The process completing these sales was not finalized until Nov. 16, 1790. They were the first settlers to own land in what would become Transylvania County.

Benjamin Davidson's property included a smaller river that flowed into the French Broad. It was here...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.






 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 12/13/2017 20:36