By Kevin Fuller
Staff Writer 

Cigarette May Have Caused Sunday Fire - Brevard NC

 


Family members of the woman injured in the mobile home fire on Sunday said the fire probably started from a cigarette.

According to Transylvania County Fire Marshall Gerald Grose, 49-year-old Lynette Ward, who lived in the See Off Mountain Road mobile home, was flown to Mission Hospital and later transferred to the burn center in Winston-Salem, after suffering smoke inhalation injuries.

Grose said the fire started in the bedroom and after speaking with family members, it appears the fire started from improperly discarded smoking materials.

However, a scene investigation could not confirm a cause to the fire.

Grouse said the cause of the fire will remain undetermined until an interview with Ward is conducted.

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017