The Transylvania Times -

By Kate Herold
Staff Writer" 

Small Dog Dies Despite Efforts Of Firefighters

 

Last updated ERROR at ERROR

Firefighrter Bruce Blackwell tries to save the dog's life.(Photo By Kate Herold

A house fire, which started in the basement of a home at 104 Burrell Mountain Road Friday afternoon, had firefighters scrambling to save a small dog inside the smoke-filled house. The homeowners were not at home at the time of the fire.

Brevard Fire Department Assistant Chief Bradley Elmore said the fire started as a result of a short in the electrical panel, which ignited a fire in the wall.

Elmore said a waterline in the ceiling of the basement burst as a result of the heat, which helped to prevent the fire from spreading more quickly.

Elmore said the home suffered heavy smoke damage.

"T...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 08/04/2020 02:01