Risky Games Can Be Deadly
On Oct. 18, 2007, 12-year-old Connor Galloway died while playing the "choking game." On Monday night his father, Dale Galloway, a graduate of and former teacher at Rosman High School, spoke to a crowd of ap-proximately 80 parents and students at Brevard High School about dangerous activities students are undertaking.
Galloway was joined in his presentation by John Hollifield from Jackson County Sheriff's Office, and Patti Tiberi, a prevention coordinator at the Smoky Mountain Center.
"We have to be proactive," said Galloway. "We have to find a way to communicate with children about the thi...