Suzanne Receives 'The Gift Of Life'
By Lenora Moody
Suzanne Aman was 7 months old when a plastic bottle filled with kerosene, used to heat and light her home, was knocked over, causing her severe burn injuries.
The now 15-year-old Aman has facial burns, and no left ear, arm or hand because of the accident.
Aman recently traveled with her mother from the Philippines to Transylvania County as part of the Brevard Rotary Club Gift of Life Program. The program brings children from war-torn or Third World countries to the United States for medical care.
"When my baby was first burned, I felt lonely and crazy because I...