The Transylvania Times -

By Eric Crews
Staff Writer 

Bee Sting Sends Hiker Into Anaphylactic Shock

 

Last updated ERROR at ERROR



A woman in her mid-50s was airlifted last Thursday from the Blue Ridge Parkway following an allergic reaction to a bee sting, according to Brevard Rescue Squad Assistant Chief Brian Kreigsman.

The woman, who was hiking around milepost 415 on the Parkway, was going into anaphylactic shock, a dangerous condition that causes the throat to swell and can block the airway and lead to death if left untreated, Kreigsman said.

While the Brevard Rescue Squad was traveling to the scene a nurse at the scene called in and reported that the woman’s heart had arrested and that she had stopped breathin...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 07/06/2020 11:05