The Transylvania Times -

By Marcy Thompson
Picturing The Past 

County Homes Receive Special Designation


Chestnut Hill on Barclay Road.

Locally designated historic landmarks featured in previous articles have been within the city of Brevard; however, there are also several properties located outside of the city. These include the Allison-Deaver House and the McGaha Chapel, both owned and maintained by the Transylvania County Historical Society. In addition, the Surrette-Lankford House in Penrose, the Hanckel-Barclay House in Dunn's Rock, Partridge Hill in Little River, and the Lodge in Cedar Mountain are local designated historic landmarks.

Surrette-Lankford House was built around 1835 by David Surrette and is the third o...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018