The Transylvania Times -

Fumes Cause College Building Evacuation - Brevard NC

 

Brevard College's Sims Art Center building was evacuated at 10 a.m. Thursday because of fumes created by the external portable heating unit.

Part of the exhaust pipe became misdirected overnight, causing the exhaust fumes to be directed at the building rather than away from it, according to the college. The Maintenance Department responded to address the equipment issue, and the Brevard Fire Department responded to check the air quality in the building.

A slight amount of carbon monoxide was discovered, however, at the time it was checked. The level was determined to be far below what w...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018