The Transylvania Times -

By Kevin Fuller
Staff Writer 

See Off Mountain Woman Recovering After Fire - Brevard NC


Last updated 8/16/2016 at 8:25pm

Charred and destroyed remains can be seen at the house fire on See Off Mountain Road. (Times photo by Kevin Fuller)

Family members of the woman injured in the mobile home fire on Sunday said the fire probably started from a cigarette.

According to Transylvania County Fire Marshall Gerald Grose, 49-year-old Lynette Ward, who lived in the mobile home on See Off Mountain Road, was flown to Mission Hospital, and later transferred to the burn center in Winston Salem, after suffering smoke inhalation injuries.

Grose said the fire started in the bedroom and after speaking with family members, it appears the fire started from improperly discarded smoking materials.

However, a scene investigation could not con...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 03/29/2020 18:17