The Transylvania Times -

By Kevin Fuller
Staff Writer 

Cigarette May Have Caused Sunday Fire - Brevard NC


Last updated 8/17/2016 at 7:46pm

Family members of the woman injured in the mobile home fire on Sunday said the fire probably started from a cigarette.

According to Transylvania County Fire Marshall Gerald Grose, 49-year-old Lynette Ward, who lived in the See Off Mountain Road mobile home, was flown to Mission Hospital and later transferred to the burn center in Winston-Salem, after suffering smoke inhalation injuries.

Grose said the fire started in the bedroom and after speaking with family members, it appears the fire started from improperly discarded smoking materials.

However, a scene investigation could not conf...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019