The Transylvania Times -

Portable Heater Causes Fire

 

January 8, 2018

Matt McGregor

The Brevard Fire Department responded to a fire on Thursday at this home on Carr Lumber Company Road.

A portable propane heater used to thaw a water pipe resulted in a brief house fire on Carr Lumber Company Road on Thursday.

"We got dispatched around 4:10 (p.m.)," said Capt. Adam Hughey with the Brevard Fire Department (BFD). "The heater was too close to some of the wood flooring and it started to catch fire. The homeowner used a fire extinguisher to try to knock it down as we were responding, which made it smaller."

When the BFD arrived, they were able to put the fire out completely within 10 minutes, but searched the house for any signs that the fire spread inside.

"There wasn't a lo...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 09/18/2018 11:22