The Transylvania Times -

Picturing The Past: Historic Information On Pisgah Forest Post Office

 

January 28, 2019

Courtesy Photo

Today, Terminix is located in the former Pisgah Forest Post Office building constructed around 1948. The current Pisgah Forest Post Office was built in 1961.

This week's Picturing the Past photographs feature the Pisgah Forest Post Office in the 1940s and the current facility. Pisgah Forest first established a post office in December 1906. Although it was a newly named post office, it basically replaced the Davidson River Post Office at that time. Two years later, Davidson River would once again established its own post office.

The Pisgah Forest Post Office was likely located in the Deaver & Patton Company store near the intersection of Brevard Road (today Old Hender-sonville Highway) and Rye Lane (today Ecusta Road). Miss Mallie Eng...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018