The Transylvania Times -

Picturing The Past: Pisgah Builders Supply Was Once A Local Icon


Last updated 2/11/2019 at 3:55pm

Courtesy Photo

The original Pisgah Builders Supply store in Pisgah Forest, 1959.

Pisgah Builders Supply, Inc. announced its formal opening in Pisgah Forest on Feb. 28, 1946. The business carried a wide range of supplies, including lumber, wall board, brick, cement, shingles, composite roofing and more. A year later they expanded their facility to include a large warehouse and to allow for a showroom featuring model kitchens and bathrooms.

Frank Carr was the company president and general manager of the store. His partners were H.H. (Harry) Patton and F.J. (Frank) Patton. All three had long been associated with businesses in Pisgah Forest. Carr was the son of Carr L...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019