Transylvania History: Wesleyan Methodist Came Here In 1922

 

March 7, 2019



The Brevard Wesleyan Methodist Church had its beginning in the year 1922 as the result of a revival meeting conducted by the Rev. Hiram P. Rich. The meeting was held in the courthouse and was widely attended by citizens of the town and county.

The Rev. Guy E. Keller was responsible for the organization of the church and its established position among the other churches in this locale. Mr. Keller served as pastor of the congregation for several years.

From humble beginnings on Tinsley Road, the congregation later moved to Whitmire Street. In 1963, the beautiful lot on Broad Street was...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019