The Transylvania Times -

Picturing The Past: History Of The Land That Silversteen Built On

 

August 5, 2019

In 1888, Thomas and Wait Gash sold 21.3 acres from the estate of their parents, Leander Sams and Margaret Avery Gash, to Mrs. Reba W. Boardman for $1,500. The property was located east of St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, which had been constructed a few years earlier. It extended to present day Wilson Drive on the south, bordered the road from Brevard to Wilson’s Bridge on the east and present day Maple Street to the west.

Mr. Boardman was a prominent engineer from Macon, Ga. The Boardmans built a large home that was considered the most attractive home in Brevard. In 1897, the granite ga...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019