The Transylvania Times -

City Market Played Vital Role In Brevard

Picturing The Past  


Last updated 11/4/2019 at 4:21pm

In the first decade of the 1900s, there were several butcher shops or meat markets located in Brevard. W.H. "Bill" Duckworth was involved in the business as early as 1907. Duckworth had a couple of different partners and different locations initially. By late 1910, Duckworth's shop, known as City Market, was located on West Main Street and it was reported that he had purchased an electric mill to aid in processing meats into sausage.

Between 1915 and 1919, City Market changed hands several times being owned by S.F. "Sam" Allison and Younge, Allison and Johnson, and then Allison solely for a...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019