NOTICE OF SALE OF CERTAIN REAL ESTATE BY THE CITY OF BREVARD
Last updated 11/23/2020 at 5:05pm
NOTICE OF SALE OF CERTAIN REAL ESTATE
BY THE CITY OF BREVARD
The terms of the sale, per the Resolution, are:
1. The purchaser is the Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC), a corporation which is not-for-profit and tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. The sale price is $125,000.00.
3. The property is described as approximately 2.5 acres fronting Cashiers Valley Road and is part of the property described in a certain deed of record in Book 398, Page 353.
4. The sale is subject to the City retaining a 30 foot wide strip in fee simple, to be established on the ground by a survey, for utilities and vehicular and pedestrian access to the City’s remaining property described in that same deed.
5. The sale is subject to the City reasonably being able to subdivide out the sale parcel, in compliance with the applicable subdivision ordinance, with a final survey acceptable to the City.
6. The sale is also conditioned upon the HAC constructing approximately 6 housing units for sale to persons who meet its criteria of income of less than 80% of median for our area, who qualify for its self-help program and who also qualify for its sweat equity program.
7. The City’s understanding of the HAC’s project goal is the constructing and selling of approximately 6 housing units on the property to qualified buyers as described in paragraph 6.
8. The City Council has determined that the mutual goal of the City and HAC to meet those requirements for sale constitutes a public purpose.
9. The sale is subject to the HAC’s construction being completed within three years of closing and if not completed, the City shall have a right to repurchase the property at the same purchase price as this sale.
The City hereby publishes this Notice of Sale to comply with Section 160A-267 of the General Statues of North Carolina to confirm that no sale shall be closed until at least 10 days following this publication.
This the 23rd day of November, 2020.
CITY OF BREVARD
95 West Main Street
Brevard, NC 28712
Jill Murray, CMC,