The Transylvania Times -

Fire Destroys Home, Kills Dog – Transylvania County, NC


Last updated 2/1/2021 at 2:57pm

A structure fire Saturday night destroyed a house and claimed the life of a dog in the Turkey Pen Gap area of Transylvania County.

According to Deputy Fire Marshal Scott Justus, the fire was accidental and started due to faulty piping in the home’s wood burning fireplace.

The house’s occupant was transported to the hospital after the fire but did not suffer any serious physical injuries.

Firefighters were dispatched to the home just before midnight, Saturday, and arrived minutes after the call to a home engulfed in flames.

The house’s occupant made it out of the house okay, but...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021