Dunn's Rock News
Last updated 5/12/2021 at 4:27pm
Celebrating Community History
During this 100th anniversary year of the Dunn's Rock Community Center building, a little delving into its history is in order. The building was constructed in 1921 as the Connestee School. It served as an educational hub for the community for 30 years. After the two-room school closed in 1951, the building became home of the Dunn's Rock Community Center. Betty Sanford, who is still a regular at community center events, was a student at the school and one of the first community center officers.
The Connestee School replaced an older school in the community ca...